September Awareness Campaign
During September, which is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, T.E.A.L.® partners with local businesses and organizations to turn New York City and beyond the color teal to spread awareness about ovarian cancer. The goals of this campaign are to spread awareness of the signs, symptoms, and risk factors of ovarian cancer, to educate communities about the importance of early detection, to provide support to ovarian cancer survivors, and to generate funds for further research to find a cure and a screening test for this disease. There are various ways communities and businesses can get involved.
- A special way to get involved in our September Awareness Program is lighting a building, business, or home the color teal. We have had the privilege to light Brooklyn Borough Hall, New York City Hall, the Parachute Jump at Luna Park in Coney Island, the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, and various buildings and monuments in Greenwich, CT, the color teal through National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.
- Ribbon Campaign
- Each year, we turn neighborhoods teal by partnering with local organizations, businesses, and schools. T.E.A.L.® ties a teal ribbon outside each business or home along with a window poster that explains what the ribbon symbolizes. The ribbons remain on trees for the whole month of September. T.E.A.L.® partners with Turn The Towns Teal®, which provides ribbons for this initiative.
- Awareness Events: Locally and Nationally
- Since 2015, T.E.A.L.® has been invited to open/close both the New York City Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ. These events led us to spread awareness to an estimated 2,000,000 people!
- T.E.A.L.® participates in health fairs, events, and lectures all year round to promote ovarian cancer awareness and education, especially during September for National Ovarian Cancer Awareness month.
- T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Program
- T.E.A.L.®’s premiere event, the Annual Brooklyn T.E.A.L.®Walk/Run, from which the foundation owes its inception, began in 2009. Since then, T.E.A.L.® has successfully launched satellite T.E.A.L.® Walks and 5K Runs, as part of a planned initiative to spread T.E.A.L.®’s mission through the T.E.A.L.® Walk nationally, to touch more people than ever before. T.E.A.L.® Walks and 5K Runs have been held throughout the country in cities including: Brooklyn, NY; Savannah, GA; Litchfield, CT; Boardman, OH; Whitesboro, NY; Highland Mill, NY; Fairfield, PA; and McCalla, AL.
Do You Know a Business That Would Like to Participate?
Here Are Some More Ways They Can Get Involved:
Place T.E.A.L.® educational awareness cards inside your business.
Place a T.E.A.L.® donation box by the business’s register or on the counter space.
Help us spread awareness through lectures or speaking engagements.
Collaborate with T.E.A.L.® to design a special sales promotion.
Ask people if they would like to make a donation to T.E.A.L.®, have them fill in their name and donation amount, and hang the T.E.A.L.® square up to create a T.E.A.L.® Wall or Window.
Put our T.E.A.L.® Pins and Pin Campaign Flyer printout on your office or business desk.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (917) 310-4835 for more information or how to get involved.