Annual Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run
The T.E.A.L.® Walk and 5K Run in Brooklyn, NY, is an annual event started by two sisters that celebrates the courage of ovarian cancer survivors and the strength of the families who’ve been touched by the disease, while spreading awareness to the public and raising money for research. The name of the Walk/5K Run Event is T.E.A.L.®, which stands for both teal, the color that symbolizes ovarian cancer, and for the not for profit organization that established this event, Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer Louisa M. McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
Don’t miss the 12th Annual Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run! It will take place virtually this year on September 12th, 2020. Visit tealwalk.org/brooklyn to register.
The Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run is NYC’s largest ovarian cancer specific Walk/Run. T.E.A.L.®’s premiere event, the T.E.A.L®. Walk/Run, from which the foundation owes its inception, began in 2009.
This annual event takes place every September during Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month — and now you can join from anywhere in the U.S. There is no accurate screening test for ovarian cancer. About 15,500 women die from the disease every year in the USA. This is a result of an absence of ovarian cancer research funding and sufficient education about the disease. T.E.A.L.® was created to directly address this important women’s health issue. Women across the country lack the awareness, treatment options, and ability to diagnose which are essential in overcoming ovarian cancer.
Participants of our Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run include survivors, caregivers, families, friends and the general public who come together to raise awareness of and promote a cure for Ovarian Cancer. This year we’ll be celebrating those who’ve battled the disease during a virtual Survivor Social (date TBD). Plus, on the day of the event, registered participants will receive a private link to join the festivities. Thousands of people participate in this amazing event. Both the 2-mile Walk and 5K Run take place virtually on the same day.
NEXT Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run: The 12th Annual T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run will be virtual on September 12th, 2020.
Register and donate at www.tealwalk.org/brooklyn
- Our first T.E.A.L.® Walk took place in Brooklyn, NY, in 2009.
- Our first T.E.A.L.® Run took place in Brooklyn, NY, in 2013.
- A total of 15,219 registered participants for the Annual Brooklyn T.E.A.L®. Walk/Runs from 2009 to 2017.
- The Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run has raised over $1.9 million for Awareness and Research Programs.
- T.E.A.L.® has reached millions of people through public awareness and marketing campaigns connected to our Brooklyn Walk/Run event
T.E.A.L.®’s 1st Satellite Walk was in Highland Mills in 2013.
Satellite T.E.A.L.® Walk/Runs are now in:
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Highland Mills, New York
- T.E.A.L.® Run in McCalla, Alabama
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Fairfield, Pennsylvania
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Litchfield, Connecticut
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Savannah, Georgia
- T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run in Boardman, Ohio
Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer Louisa M. McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation is a not for profit 501 (c)(3) organization started by the late Louisa M. McGregor and her sister Pamela Esposito-Amery in 2009. The Brooklyn based grassroots foundation has grown since then and has raised over a million dollars benefiting Ovarian Cancer research and awareness programs through the annual T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run and other events and programs throughout the year.
Consider helping us make the next T.E.A.L.® Walk or T.E.A.L® Run a success by joining us:
- Register as an individual, start a team, or join a team
- Register as a runner
- Local business support
- Unable to attend our virtual event? There are other ways you can get involved